What this Privacy Statement Covers
This Privacy Statement is applicable word-wide and addresses how Fraud Avengers treats personal information collected by us through our web site and offline. It does not apply to third-party sites that do not display this Privacy Statement, or to any web site that displays its own Privacy Statement/Policy. Please read the Fraud Avengers Privacy Statement below and the Privacy Statement/Policy of any web site you visit.
Collection of Your Personal Information
FraudAvengers.org appreciates your readership and values your personal privacy. We will always inform you before we collect any Personal Information and tell you the purpose for the collection. “Personal Information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or physical address, or phone number. The information is only collected for the purpose which it is intended. Some of the reasons we collect your Personal Information include:
- Requesting information from us
- Participation in an online survey
- Responding to and/or posting to a blog or article
- Administering and processing donations
- Participation in discussion groups or forums
- Registration for our mailing lists or notifications
- Receiving site updates or RSS feeds
We assume that any Personal Information provided for these purposes has been submitted by you or under your authority and permission.
Use of Your Personal Information
We will only use your Personal Information in the manner specified when it was collected. We do not share your Personal Information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this web site We will not change the way we use your Personal Information without your prior consent. Some of the ways that we may use your Personal Information include:
- Send you newsletters to keep you up to date when you subscribe to that service
- Contact you should you seek information from us or one of our guest authors
- Provide feedback and support
- Conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to better understand your needs and the type of information you would like to see on the Fraud Avengers web site
These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to the web site such as: your Internet Protocol addresses (IP addresses), browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and the number of clicks you use to navigate through the site. The collection of this information is used to make your experience with our web site better by analyzing trends, administering the site, and tracking popular (and unpopular) articles and sections. This information is collected in an anonymous and aggregated fashion and is never used to link to your Personal Information, or otherwise personally identify the user from which it is collected.
Fraud Avengers does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 we will delete that data from our systems. Some tips on how to protect your children’s privacy include:
- Know which web sites your children are using and know what sites are appropriate for children
- Review web site Privacy Statements/Policies and know how your child’s information is treated
- Visit the FTC’s web site for more tips on protecting your child’s privacy
Updates to This Privacy Statement
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding FraudAvengers.org’s Privacy Statement, please feel free to contact the Webmaster.