The FraudAvengers Community
We are a proactive, anti-fraud community of like-minded individuals and organizations which includes our readers, benefactors, sponsors and America’s Fraud Fighters, bound by their commitment to help Americans take a stand against fraud.
America’s Fraud Fighters
Through FraudAvengers.org, FPF2A also fosters America’s Fraud Fighters, fraud prevention experts, including guest bloggers and link partners who are willing to voluntarily contribute their knowledge and insights for publication through FraudAvengers.org to provide the information the public needs to know to make better decisions on how to reduce their personal fraud exposure.
- American Consumer Credit Education Support Services (ACCESS)
- Better Business Bureau
- The Fraud Journal
- Give Me Back My Credit!
- Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC)
- The Identity Advocate
- ID Theft Awareness
- RSA Consumer Identity Protection
- ACCESS, American Consumer Credit Education Support Services, is a non-profit, tax exempt 501(c)(3) consumer advocacy group whose primary purpose is to disseminate credit education information and assistance to the general public. The organization is concerned about the adverse trends and consumer abuses occurring in the financial services and credit reporting industries, which have resulted in an evaporation of both personal and financial privacy.
- Christine Arevalo is a founding employee of ID Experts and leads industry initiatives around healthcare identity management. She has experience managing risk assessments, complex crisis communication strategies, and data breach response for ID Experts clients.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) The BBB is dedicated to fostering honest and responsive relationships between businesses and consumers in the U.S. and Canada, instilling consumer confidence and contributing to a trustworthy marketplace for all.
- Heidi Bleau writes about cybercrime and fraud perpetrated against enterprises and consumers. She is a Senior Marketing Programs Manager focused on creating programs to drive awareness of RSA’s anti-fraud technologies in the marketplace. She brings over five years of experience working within RSA’s Identity and Data Protection group and has worked with many of RSA’s top researchers on projects involving the latest fraud and cybercrime threats.
- Tyler Bohlman is the Director of Communications for Safepact.com, which offers escrow services to consumers in homeowner/contractor relationships and Mycontractorranoffwithmymoney.com, where consumers post their contractor horror stories. He posts regularly on Safepact’s blog and you can contact him directly at safepact.com/contact.
- Nancy Cadwallader, Author, is an independent consultant in the area of Occupational Fraud Investigations and Audit in the Insurance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Finance, and Retail Management industries and author of The Fraud Journal.
- Robert P. Chappell, Jr. is a 28 year veteran law enforcement officer and a 25 year veteran of the Armed Services. He is also considered to be an expert in the field of Child Identity Theft and is author of the book Child Identity Theft: What Every Parent Needs to Know (Rowman and Littlefield). More information on his work, can be found at www.childIDtheft.org and www.facebook.com/childIDtheft.
- Joanna Crane, identity theft expert, is a Senior Consultant and Board Member for Identity Theft Assistance Center (ITAC), and a Board Member for ID Experts’ MIDAS Project. From 2000 – 2010 Joanna was a senior attorney and Identity Theft Program Manager for the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Debra N. Diener, J.D., CIPP/G is now providing practical privacy and privacy related tips and information at: www.privacymadesimple.net.
- The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is the nation’s consumer protection agency. The FTC works to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace.
- Angel Grant is a Senior Manager for Anti-Fraud solutions at RSA, The Security Division of EMC. She is responsible for a variety of initiatives which protect organizations against fraud and identity theft. She has more than 20 years of experience in the security and financial services industries. Prior to joining RSA, she was a Senior Product Manager at an online banking vendor where she helped launch one of the industry’s first online corporate banking applications.
- Robert Gregg, CEO of ID Experts, and a CPA by trade, has an extensive career as an executive. As CEO of ID Experts, he is committed to protect consumers from identity theft resulting from privacy data breaches, particularly in healthcare. ID Experts provides the absolute best hands on service to prevent and remediate data breaches, and take great care of the victims of a breach.
- Identity Theft Resource Center® (ITRC) is a nonprofit, nationally respected organization dedicated exclusively to the understanding of identity theft and related issues. The ITRC provides victim and consumer support, public education, and advisory services to governmental agencies, legislators, law enforcement, and businesses. Victims may contact the ITRC toll-free at 888-400-5530.
- Deanna Jones, CFE is an Investigator within ID Experts’ Special Investigations Unit. She came to ID Experts from the Portland Police Bureau and has an extensive background in legal and insurance investigations for plaintiff case preparation, backgrounds and workman’s compensation fraud. She also worked with the former Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, now under the US Treasury, where she assisted with regulatory investigations and compliance. DJ has obtained government security clearance through her duties at ID Experts and is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). She holds a BA in English and Journalism and a MS is Criminology.
- Robert W. Jones, M.S., CFE is an educator and consultant with more than forty years experience leading risk management programs. Bob is Adjunct Professor of Economic Crime at Utica College, where he teaches in the college’s M.B.A. in Economic Crime & Fraud Management program. He is also a Senior Consultant with the Santa Fe Group.
- Thomas R Kaiser Sr. is a Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist in the financial services industry in mortgage banking, identity theft, check fraud and insurance and an Associate Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- Limor Kessem is one of the top Cyber Intelligence experts at RSA, The Security Division of EMC. She is the driving force behind the cutting-edge RSA FraudAction Research Lab blog Speaking of Security. You can find Limor on her Twitter feed @iCyberFighter.
- Amy Pennock is CEO/President of Pennock Consulting Group, a full service Forensic Accounting Firm. Amy performs fraud risk assessments for businesses to assist in mitigating these risks through awareness and internal controls. A Certified Fraud Examiner, Amy holds an MBA and a Masters in Forensic Accounting. To learn more about Amy and the PCG, you can visit www.pennockconsulting.com.
- Denise Richardson is a longtime consumer advocate and Author of Give Me Back My Credit! A victim of identity theft, Richardson has become a Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist, writes a monthly identity theft column for Lighthouse Point Magazine and continues to raise awareness to the dangers of identity theft on her blog GiveMeBackMyCredit.com Follow Denise on Twitter.
- RB Roberts is a home projects consultant with HGRBServices whom, through this national network, addresses the need for consumer awareness and protection against home improvement fraud in America. He intends to tour the country with his network in 2013. This is slated to entail conducting community workshops and a series of speaking engagements against home improvement fraud in all 50 states. For general info on how HGRB Services can be of assistance to you, please, feel free to inquire: Home Services Support Unit.
- Rueben Rodriguez is a Principle Product Marketing Manager within RSA’s Identity and Data Protection Group. He is responsible for the Adaptive Authentication for eCommerce solution which helps protect customers against fraudulent card activity in the on-line world. Rueben has worked for 20 years within the financial services industry helping financial institutions process, administer, and protect payment information.
- Robert Siciliano, CEO of IDTheftSecurity.com, is fiercely committed to informing, educating, and empowering Americans so they can be protected from violence and crime in the physical and virtual worlds. Siciliano is accessible, real, professional, and ready to weigh in and comment at a moment’s notice on breaking news.
- Stay Safe Online Blog is the official blog of the National Cyber Security Alliance, a non-profit aimed at educating and empowering people to use the Internet safely and securely at home, work, and school. NCSA also co-runs STOP. THINK. CONNECT., the national cybersecurity education and awareness campaign.
- Aaron Titus is an attorney specializing in Internet, Technology and Privacy law, and the Chief Privacy Officer for Identity Finder. He has testified before the United States Senate, and frequently speaks and blogs on issues of privacy and national policy.
- Linda Vincent, R.N., P.I., is an identity theft and healthcare fraud prevention expert specializing in medical consulting, investigations and prevention. She teaches corporations, professional practices, and consumers how to recognize and prevent identity theft and healthcare fraud. Email The Identity Advocate at email@example.com or call 310.831.4400. Visit The IdentityAdvocate website.
- Branden Williams is a senior Information Risk/Security professional with over 15 years of experience in technology and information security, and a formidable background in the majority of the technologies that drive today’s businesses. Currently, he is the global CTO of Marketing at RSA, The Security Division of EMC. Mr. Williams is a current CISSP, and CISM and has taught the NSA Certified Information Assurance program at the University of Dallas’s Graduate School of Management.
- Barry Zalma, Esq., CFE, is a California attorney, insurance consultant and expert witness specializing in insurance coverage, claims handling, bad faith and fraud. Mr. Zalma founded Zalma Insurance Consultants in 2001 where he serves as senior consultant, and has also written a number of books and writes a free newsletter on insurance fraud.
As a free-to-the-public, non-profit organization under the Internal Revenue Service Code Section 501(c)3, FPF2A and FraudAvengers require the financial support of individuals, organizations and others who share in its vision of a more proactive, anti-fraud society.
Email us for more information on becoming a FraudAvengers.org benefactor or sponsor, or to offer other resources to help combat fraud through the America’s Fraud Fighters community. All donations are fully tax deductible to the extent allowable by law. #27-3335406.
For more information about FPF2A or FraudAvengers, its founders or its staff please feel free to contact us.