- Category: News
- Published: Tuesday, 05 May 2015 06:30
- Hits: 9154
- Be cautious when giving online. Be cautious about spam messages and emails that claim to link to a relief organization. If you want to give to a charity involved in relief efforts, go directly to the charity's website.
- Be careful with Facebook recommendations: Use social media as a starting point, but don't assume that your Facebook friend vetted the charity she/he posted.
- Program Descriptions: Look for a clear description of the organization's programs in its appeals and website. Does the program explain how (financial assistance, shelter, counseling) it is helping earthquake victims?
- On-the-Spot Donation Decisions: Be wary of excessive pressure in fundraising. Don't be pressured to make an immediate on-the-spot donation. Charities should welcome your gift whenever you want to send it.